Sedatephobia

.

6/15/10

In which I rant about sassy grandmothers and lose my title of the grammar wizard for having so many lame typos.

Just recently my mother got married. Actually, by just recently I mean this weekend. My entire family (even though they are all from different parts of the country) traveled to Kentucky (I have no clue why the wedding was in Kentucky, seeing as we live in IL...I suppose the reasons for that is probably just that my mother is insane) for the wedding. It was quite naice. We had fun, the wedding was gorgeous, I got to see my family and whatnot. So wheeeeee. (EXCEPT I HAD NO INTERNET CONNECTION AND MY LIFE WAS RUINED)
Now, I am currently at my grandparents' lake house in Loda, IL. I call it Yoda. 'Tis this tiny, minuscule town that is inhabited mostly by the old crusty people, and their yappy little doggies. I am not an outdoorsy person, so I am pretty bored. I went for a 5 mile bike ride yesterday with my cousins after it stopped pouring rain. Good exercise. Yay. But other than bike rides, eating, reading, being snarky, and going online, I don't do much at this lovely lake house. So of course, my grandmother complains. "You've been on your computer all afternoon." "Sorry Grandma..." " I think you should spend time with your cousins tomorrow, and swim in the lake."
WAT. EW. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS LAKE? 'TIS FULL OF SCUM AND CRAP. AND IT'S GREEN. I do not swim in green agua.
Of course, I was not that rude and didn't respond to her like that, but I said "Okay, but I will be online some tomorrow." and she goes "Well, don't be on too long." "It's my computer." she sasses me back : "It's our internet." and I say "HA. Like that'll stop me." and then I ran up the stairs and ignored her for about an hour.
GRRRRRRRRR. My GRANDMA is so sassy. Who here has a SASSY grandmother? NO ONE.
Also, she doesn't cook. She only cleans. and sometimes, she comes into your room at midnight ON A SCHOOL NIGHT and cleans your closet. woopdedoo! ...she is insane most of the days.
I know you are probably thinking, "what if said grandma reads this blog post?" Well folks, she won't because she doesn't know how to use a computer, really. (Once when trying to get to Facebook.com, she didn't know how. And instead of typing it where it should've gone, she typed it in to the google search box, clicked the link, and went there. Yeah, I know that's one way, but she does it with every single website. also, she doesn't know what "copy" and "paste" mean.

Okay, enough complaining about my grandma. Last night, I had so much fun. I have this uncle. He is pretty spiffy. All of the cousins, my uncle, and I were sitting in the living room, bored. Somehow we got to the subject of movies and my uncle Tony goes " NINE FAVORITE MOVIES. GO!" We were utterly confused. "Come on now, everyone list their 9 favorite movies." Being myself, I asked why it had to be the number 9 and not 10 or any other number. He simply said that 9 was a good number, and it just had to be 9.
We couldn't all list our 9 favorite movies at the tops of our heads, so Tony said that we would list ALL THE MOVIES and if one of them was one of your nine favorites, raise your hand. This event was hilarious because we literally spent the next three hours listening to and helping my uncle list off the most ridiculous movies ever, plus some good ones, all in alphabetical order.
Whenever we thought of one we skipped, he yelled RE-DO. Of course we didn't list all the movies, but it was quite hilarious. Whenever someone said a movie that was just terrible, he said it didn't constitute as a movie :P Ahhh, my family is crazy. I wonder how I came out so normal.

Over all, my summer break is going great. Though I can't wait to get back to Hogwarts next fall.
Have a splendid week. :)
With Love,
hannaH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
Say anything you'd like. It can be as random as that ^ and I won't judge you.